Delaware Water Gap























I frequently travel between NJ and Pa and always pass through the Delaware Water Gap area. Just before the bridge, coming from NJ, is a cut off leading to a recreation area on the East side of Rt. 80. It offers a close up view of the Delaware River and Gap . During the past several years there has been severe flooding and the area has been renovated with a new welcome center. This painting represents the area before the new fence was installed, not that anyone would probably even notice, but just thought I'd make a notation on that for those who would remember. Oil on canvas 18x24. (Private Collection)

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful painting of a beautiful place. I remember this fence well as it provided a romantic backdrop to the happiest days of my life. I haven't been back there in years and I'm hoping that the flood didn't destroy the beauty of this wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this precise location well. It brings me back to time long ago when I was younger and madly in love. The youth is fading, but the love still remains. Thanks for creating this masterpiece and thanks even more for sharing.

    ReplyDelete